The Odessa Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) was set up by Govt. of Odessa as a statutory body in the year 1994 for carrying out direct recruitment against Group-C posts in the State cadre as may be scheduled in the OSSC Rules, 1993. Now OSSC HELD-
COMBINED POLICE SERVICE EXAMINATION-2015, for recruitment of following posts and post no. available-
- Sub inspector of police-327 posts
- Sergeant of police- 24 posts
- Station officer (fire service) – 19 posts
Posts were UNDER HOME DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA. Interested candidates should apply online for the examinations of combined police service commission.
Grade pay/ Salary Basis-
The posts will be initially on contract basis as per Odessa Group-B post, in the pay band of Rs/- 9,300-34,800 with grade pay of Rs/- 4200.
The candidates must be completed graduate in any course/ subject from a recognized university.
Candidate, who were applying for Fire service post must be a science or engineering graduate from a recognized university.
Important notes for candidates-
- The persons with disability are not applicable for the posts.
- The candidate has take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy.
- When you will qualify in the physical test shall have to submit the hard copy of the application form.
- On the application cover/application super ascribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF COMBINED POLICE SERVICE EXAMINATION-2015” to the following address- “The secretary, Odessa Staff Selection Commission, Barrack no.1, unit-5, Bhubaneshwar-751054”, by Registered Post/speed post within 15 days from the date of the completion of the physical test.
- Admission of candidates to the preliminary examination, physical test and main written examination is provisional and subject to verification of original certificate(s)/document(s) etc at the time of Viva- voce and psychological test to be conducted by the commission.
- The persons in Defense Force having more than six months to be discharged from the forces as on the date of submission of offline application form are not eligible to apply for the post. The in-service contractual employees who are within prescribed age limit may also apply for the post.
- All related certificates copy attached with application form
- Original copy of challan.
- Every certificate (caste/D.O.B/) qualification/educational certificates are necessary to show.
- If candidate claiming reservation as sports person self attested copy of identity card issued by director of sports and youth services, Odissa
- Candidate must have knowledge of (writing, speaking) Odia language
- or passed Middle school education with Odia as a language subject
- 10th passed or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subject or
- Passed in Odia language subject in the final examination of class 8 or above.
More than 21 years and less than 25v years as on 01-01-2015
Relaxations in age are applicable as per government rules.
- For SC/ST candidates should not fill the application fee.
- Examination fee of Rs/- 100 either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the head of Account- “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees” as detailed in the clause-6 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post.
- The details of the challan will be filled by the applicant.
- The list of bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury portal.
Last date of online application’s submission- 09-10-2015 at 11.59 P.M.
For more details candidate click here-